Tuesday Tips - FOLDS
More on folds today. I will eventually cover all types of folds but today is about simple folds on everyday clothes (t-shirt, jeans). The key is to know what to expect and then applying what you know to simplify what you see in front of you (when life drawing). A lot of the folds dynamics on shirts and jeans come from the “memory” of the fabric itself. Denim is thick and is likely to keep some form of wrinkles or folds around certain areas (knees). A lot of zig-zag patterns around the knee is very likely. When pushed down on the feet, the denim fabric will bunch up and combine with the zig-zag pattern. Shirts and t-shirts will react to the twist and pull of the arms and torso. Identify where the pull (or tension) is coming from and work from it. I tend to draw the seams because they clearly express the volumes underneath.
seeing a hot guy walk by like
Reblogging for the sheer hilarity of the gif.
It would be a mistake not to
"Four score and one booty ago damn that’s a fine ass"
can a ghost and a zombie come from the same person
Is this a comic? This should be a comic.
"no stupid, oh my god. no just… just turn… fuck. don’t wander over there, you’re gonna fall down the… aaand there he goes………….. moron.”
even babs knows
YOU FORGOT HARLEY’S REACTION TO THAT, ASKING IF SHE MEANS LIKE HOW PEOPLE SAY BATGIRL AND SUPERGIRL ARE FRIENDS
THEN BATGIRL CHANGES THE SUBJECT
SUPER LESBIANS DESERVE THEIR OWN SUPER SHOW
Sometimes I think of how one tiny mutated cell can wipe out our whole civilization, but then I watch a video like this and think “nah, we’re way too awesome of a species to be defeated.”
I feel like my life is complete after watching this.
HOLY SHITTING CHRIST.HOW DOES HE MANAGE TO KEEP SUCH A GOOD TONE QUALITY. WHAT THE SHIT. I CAN’T. JUST.
Seriously, as somebody who is relatively good at the flute let me tell you that that is really fucking difficult. REALLY FUCKING DIFFICULT. That’s like the flautist’s equivalent of trying to talk normally whilst breathing in: it just isn’t doable. This guy is using some freaky fucking sorcery. As if that weren’t bad enough: HIS FINGERS ON THAT LAST BLOODY SCALE HOLY SHIT. HOW CAN YOU MOVE THAT FAST. I CAN’T EVEN DO F BLOODY MAJOR THAT FAST AND IT’S THE EASIEST BLOODY SCALE WE HAVE HOLY CHRIST.
this is not even nsfw why didn’t i post it here?? mysteries of life.
anyway, equius is a springboard.
- one of number one should be tie-dye fabric, the other the main color of your modus card. i’d do mine in red if i were actually making this
- you’ll need two of number two, wish should be half the width of the red line, which is the thickness of your bag, plus like a quarter inch on either side? you’ll be attaching this to a zipper and to the sides of the bag. the length is however long that green line is.
- 3, 4, and 5, are the sides of the bag. they all need to be the same width, obviously, and you need a seam allowance.
- covered above
- 5 will also attach to piece 6 to form the main strap. the phone holder i showed in the top image would attach to piece 5, it’s just a snug pocket that would fit your phone and not let it slide out.
- 6 will be identical to the top half of 5.
- 7 is a white piece of the same type of fabric you’re using for the main bag. all the pieces above except for one of piece 1 will be in the main fabric color. this piece is the face of your captchalogue card.
instructions i guess?
- add a 1/4” seam allowance around everything.
- buy a zipper the same color as your main bag and as long as piece #2.
- buy a length of like strap fabric?? this is usually in the ribbon and trim section of the fabric store, i have no idea what it’s called. get it as long as you want your strap to go and for good measure add like another half of that onto it.
- fuse piece 7 onto the front of the main colored piece 1 or if u fancy, sew it on. hide the edges!! like hem that shit or something. i dont know sewing words dude.
- sew the purse… together… ??
- for extra fun: buy some mesh and elastic or w/e and attach it to the front white part as plastic.
- for extra usability: line the bag and create an interior pocket?? i dont actually know how to do this haHAHA OOPS
- fill it with crap
- or wear it with your homestuck cosplay
Visual Shoe Dictionary
More Visual Glossaries (for Her): Backpacks / Bags / Bra Types / Hats / Belt knots / Coats / Collars / Darts / Dress Shapes / Dress Silhouettes / Eyeglass frames / Eyeliner Strokes / Hangers / Harem Pants / Heels / Lingerie / Nail shapes / Necklaces / Necklines / Puffy Sleeves / Shoes / Shorts / Silhouettes / Skirts / Tartans / Tops / Underwear / Vintage Hats / Waistlines / Wool